Atlanta Georgia Aeration & Overseeding Service
Atlanta Core Aeration and Overseeding Service, lawn mowing service, lawn maintenance service, and landscape installation services to homes in Cobb County GA and Fulton County GA. Our core aeration and overseeding service specialists have more than 14 years of experience in the lawn care industry, and our lawn service programs are specifically designed for the Atlanta GA region. It is our goal to really know our customers and create a relationship built on trust and communication.
Benefits of Core Aeration and Overseeding in Atlanta GA.
Mapleleaf Landscaping will begin fall aeration and overseeding the last 2 weeks of August. Seed pricing change from year to year so call us for details and pricing on our programs.
Aeration reduces soil compaction. Just as you wouldn't try to plant a flower in concrete… a rock hard soil bed is not conducive to a great lawn either! Loose soil allows grass roots to plunge deeper into the soil to find vital water resources in times of stress. We have listed the benefits below to keep your lawn healthy and beautiful every year.
- Aeration reduces thatch. Thatch is made up of grass stems and roots that accumulate faster than they breakdown. Excessive thatch creates an environment that is favorable to pests and disease.
- Aeration allows access to the root zone. By penetrating the soil, you're allowing moisture, air, & food to the root zone where nutrients are absorbed.
- Aeration enhances seed germination. Seeds germinate easily in aerator holes as the holes provide them a place to hide.
- Overseeding introduces new grass seed to fill in bare or thin areas as well as thickening existing turf. Over time, grass plants reach their peak and need to be replaced. Different factors contribute to the breakdown of the grass including foot traffic, heat, lack of water, environmental conditions, pet waste, etc.
- Overseeding builds resistance to disease. By incorporating different blends of grass seed (Mapleleaf uses a seed blend consisting of several types of turf type tall fescue for the Atlanta region) you reduce your risk to diseases that can wipe out the entire lawn and maybe your plants.
- Aeration and overseeding will help to reduce weeds. Many weeds germinate in areas where they can be successful. Crabgrass grows in thin areas, nutsedge pops up in thin/low spots, and broadleaf weeds spread where there is little desirable grass. The best defense is to have a thick lawn.
- Aeration and overseeding will immediately improve your lawn's current appearance. If your lawn was attacked by fungus, insects, or animals this year a core aeration and overseeding will help. You'll be able to see seed germination in 7-10 days.
So now you understand the importance of core aeration and overseeding!
Aereation & Overseeding Service, Lawn Care, Yard Maintenance, Tree and Shrub Trimming, Irrigation, and Landscaping Atlanta GA zip codes 30305, 30306, 30307, 30309, 30310, 30312, 30314, 30316, 30317, 30319, 30327, 30318, 30329, 30342.